The Malwarebytes Anti-Malware definitions are constantly updated, so you'll always be fully protected. Updates may slow down your PC momentarily, but it's obviously worth it to keep up to date. You can also allow updates to happen automatically, leaving you free to get on with other tasks.
What Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware doesn’t offer real-time protection, but you can scan your machine whenever you like. There are two scan settings with the free version – Full and Quick. If Malwarebytes detects an infection, it will alert you and you can decide what action needs to be taken – or let it make the decision itself. There’s also an Ignore list feature, so the program will know which files, if any, to skip over. The program also blocks known risky websites.
How does the program perform?
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a very solid product. It includes some useful extras, such as context menu integration, and a locked file deletion tool called FileASSASSIN (as demoed in the video above). Even so, you do have to remember to run it if you fear an infection - if you want realtime protection, you’ll need to pay for a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware key. However, if you are looking for more free alternatives, we recommend you to download IObit Malware Fighter or AdwCleaner.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a powerful, quick malware scanner that’s perfect for the casual – but savvy – user.
- Up to 25% faster Quick scans for 64-bit operating systems
- Chameleon usability enhancements
- Enhanced reliability of program updates with additional security checks
- Password command line enhancements (paid version only)
- Scheduled scan logs now include accurate protection status
- Context menu 'Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' now displays in selected language